As our products are subject to continuous improvement, Lorex reserves the right to modify product
design, speciﬁcations and prices, without notice and without incurring any obligation. E&OE. All rights
7.3” / 187mm3.0” / 75mm
• For a full list of compatible recorders, visit lorex.com/compatibility.
• To ensure that you are viewing camera video in full 4K resolution (4K monitor required),
check the video output resolution of your recorder. For full instructions, see your recorder’s
documentation at lorex.com.
• Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered location recommended.
• This camera includes an Auto Mechanical IR Cut Filter. When the camera changes between Day/
Night viewing modes, an audible clicking noise may be heard from the camera. This clicking is
normal, and indicates that the camera ﬁlter is working.
• Test your camera prior to selecting a permanent mounting location by temporarily connecting
the camera and cable to your NVR.
• Review the section “STEP 1: Important Installation Guidelines” above before choosing a
permanent mounting location.
Before Installing the Camera
• Decide whether to run the cables through the wall / ceiling (drilling required) or along the wall / ceiling. • If you run the cables along the wall / ceiling, you must run the cable through the cable notch on the base. This will keep the camera base ﬂush to the surface when mounted.Cable NotchTo install your camera:1. Use the included mounting template to mark holes for the screws. Drill holes for the mounting screws.
NOTE: Insert the included drywall anchors if you are installing the camera in drywall.2. Connect cables as shown in the section “Connecting the Camera”.3. Feed the cable through the mounting surface or cable notch and mount the camera stand to the surface using the provided screws. 4. Use a Philips head screwdriver (not included) to loosen the adjustment screws shown below. Adjust the camera position as needed:A. Rotate the camera base 360°. B. Tilt the camera on the stand up to 90°. C. Twist the camera around the stand 360°.A B C5. Tighten the adjustment screws to secure the position.6. Remove the vinyl ﬁlm from the camera lens when your installation is complete.Additional Installation Tips:• Point the camera where there is the least amount of obstructions (e.g., tree branches).• Install the camera where vandals cannot easily reach.• Secure cabling so that it is not exposed or easily cut.• This camera is rated for outdoor use. Installation in a sheltered location is recommended.
STEP 1: ImportantInstallation Guidelines
Optimizing Person and Vehicle Detection Accuracy:• Angle the camera so that objects of interest appear in the bottom ⅔ of the camera image. • Choose a location where objects of interest will be no further than 50ft (~15m) from the camera.
for objects within
50ft (~15m) and in
the bottom ⅔ of the
Lower accuracy for
objects further away
than 50ft (~15m) and/
or in the top ⅓ of the
• Angle the camera between 30~60° down from the level position.• Install the camera between 8-16ft (2.5-5m) off of the ground.
STEP 2: Installing the Camera
Level position (i.e., ceiling)Optimal angle rangeNOTE: Accuracy of person and vehicle detection will be inﬂuenced by multiple factors, such as the object’s distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
View the manual for the Lorex E891AB here, for free. This manual comes under the category security cameras and has been rated by 1 people with an average of a 7.5. This manual is available in the following languages: English. Do you have a question about the Lorex E891AB or do you need help? Ask your question here
Do you have a question about the Lorex and the answer is not in the manual? Ask your question here. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the problem and your question. The better your problem and question is described, the easier it is for other Lorex owners to provide you with a good answer.
Number of questions: 0