Lorex Technologies Inc.
Copyright © 2011 Lorex Technologies Inc.
No Picture/Signal • Ensure your TV is on the correct input channel.
Common terms of an input channel: INPUT,
AV CHANNEL, LINE1, LINE2, AUX.
• If your camera is connected to a VCR/DVR,
ensure it is properly connected to your TV/
• Ensure connections are properly connected.
• Ensure all the camera power supply is
Picture is too bright • Ensure your camera isn’t pointed directly at a
source of light (e.g sun or spot light).
• Slide the sunshade (bullet cameras only)
forward to block excess light.
• Move your camera to a different location.
Picture is too dark • If using during the day, the camera may not
be getting enough light. Slide the sunshade
backwards to let in more light. Check the
brightness and contrast settings of the device
your camera connects to (TV/Monitor/DVR).
Night Vision is not
• The night vision activates when light levels
drop. The area may have too much light.
Picture is not clear • Check the camera lens for dirt, dust,
spiderwebs. Clean the lens with a soft, clean
• Make sure that the cable run is within the
limitations specified in the section ' Cable
Bright spot in video
when viewing camera
• Night vision reflects when pointing a camera
to a window. Move the camera to a different
BNC connection does
not connect to my TV
• Use a BNC to RCA adapter at the end of the
TroubleshootingOption Cable Type
180ft / 55m 3
'Coax' or '
300ft / 92m 5
300ft / 92m 3
Max. # of
1. For optimal performance, consider using option 2 or 3. Preference for using the
same cable type for the entire distance.
2. Cable run recommendation based on typical camera power consumption (up
to 500mA). For specialty cameras with higher current consumption, maximum
cable run may be reduced. Consider providing power to the camera at the
camera side rather then at the end of the extension cable.
3. Indicators that your cable run may be too long:
• Video is permanently Black & White (even during day time)
• Video is distorted
Do you have a question about the Lorex and the answer is not in the manual? Ask your question here. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the problem and your question. The better your problem and question is described, the easier it is for other Lorex owners to provide you with a good answer.
Number of questions: 0